In this modern age, there is no better way to modify your businesses structure than by finding ways of making it more environmentally friendly. While greener style of business is great for the environment, it can also do wonders for your businesses bottom line because conserving resources and cutting down ultimately saves you and your company money.
Here at Kempner, we’re all about going greener, because it means good things for the planet and good things for our customers so we thought we’d share a few tips to help reach a greener way of business.
- Turning off equipment can reduce the energy you use by 25%; turning off the computers at the end of each day can save up to an additional 50%. Remember as well, once the equipment is turned off, check is turned off at the plug. With this you’ll only save a small amount, but as the saying goes, every little helps.
Also bear in mind to check all your taps are turned off properly; you’d be surprised how much water a dripping tap can waste.
- Encouraging email communication means less use of paper which ultimately means saving on costs and energy, as well as having more respect from the trees. While we’re on the subject, if you can, skip paper entirely. Of course, if you have to, use eco-friendly paper like PCW (post-consumer waste). PCW is made entirely from the paper we put in our recycling every day. Getting yourself products labelled with 100% PCW means that you are using papers with the least amount of impact to the environment.
- Recycling is perhaps the easiest way to make your business more eco-friendly. Consider putting spate bins around your offices- one for general waste, one for paper/cardboard, and one for plastic. While this may only seem like a small change, it’ll encourage your workers to get into the routine of recycling.
- Using natural, bio-degradable cleaning products will reduce your exposure to harsh toxins and other chemicals. It also reduces the introduction of these substances into the environment. If you use a cleaning company, encourage them to use these eco-friendly products. If they won’t, there are many cleaning companies which now implement using greener products.
- Try environmentally friendly office products. It may be true that they cost 5% more than the average products, but surely it’s a small price to pay to help our green Earth. As we said before, recycled paper goes a long way but so do smaller products such as refillable ink cartridges and non-toxic highlighters!
Going green is so simple and we at Kempner are all for it. Our bio-degradable shrink wrap is perfect for any shrink wrapping machine, and is very eco-friendly! For more information on our services, contact us on 020 8952 5262 and speak to one of our friendly team members today!